DebbieDoesLife

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Weekend Ramblings....


This is my weekly ramble. Just whatever weird shit comes to mind will then be typed onto my blog.

1. I went into Smoothie King today thinking that instead of grabbing some unhealthy fastfood during my lunch break I would do the smart, healthy thing. Holy Shit! Did you know they charge $6.79 to be freakin' healthy in there??

2. The guy ahead of me at the "legal & voluntary hold-up" smoothie place looked like he was half-midget (my apologies now to any midgets reading this, I am not trying to put you down. Really.) and was missing half of his left arm but he had a French accent. He was still sexy just because of that accent in a sick, twisted sort of way.

3. Some teachers really like to hear themselves talk. Come on, they have a captive audience of teenagers and somehow this has lead them to believe they are wise and interesting. Let me assure the ones I have heard so far....you are delusional.

4. Divorce and talk of it seems to be running rampant in my life right now. No, not me personally - just several people I know. Is it our age? Kids are growing up and you look over and think....do I really even LIKE you anymore?

5. Middle-school age kids have no sense of personal space. I have done my fundraiser kick-offs mainly at elementary schools and they come in several hundred at a time and behave like an audience. Unfortunately, in the middle schools I have to set up in their classroom. This gives them the idea that I want to be close to them. They come up and touch my toys. The prizes - not the girls. Today I was at a high school. Totally different story. At one point, I asked a boy if I was interrupting his sleep by passing out cookies for them to sample.

6. Had a job interview yesterday for the same sales job that I wanted back before summer. This time the job I want is available. Sinful amount of money to visit with people and take them to lunch. I was offered the job before our food even arrived. I will be taking it and entering the outside world in a Big Way.

17 Comments:

  • I would LOVE to make a sinful amount of money doing something I love. Yeah...that'll happen.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/12/2006 9:15 PM  

  • I'm floored that you found the 1 armed midget sexy. (Not that there's anything wrong with that) ;)

    Lots of people like to hear themselves talk. They're pretty easy to spot once you've identified a few. If you find yourself just saying "uh huh" a lot, B-I-N-G-O! You got yourself a hottie!

    Best wishes on your job & thanks for kind words on my blog.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/12/2006 10:33 PM  

  • First off, what in the HECK is that a picture of?

    Second, YAY for you on the job!

    Third, I'm concerned about the one-armed midget Frenchman comment. (giggle)

    By Blogger Crazy MomCat, at 10/12/2006 10:56 PM  

  • Yeah for a new job doing something you love! Now if only I could get hired over a the Travel Channel.

    Healthy food is always more expensive, but at least you have sexy Frenchmen at your shop, height and arms be damned!

    Doesn't everyone contemplate divorce as the holidays loom? Or is that in the middle of the holidays?

    By Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen, at 10/12/2006 11:56 PM  

  • Momcat: I typed "weird" into Google images and thats the picture that I got.

    Jane: Just the accent was sexy, not him.

    By Blogger DebbieDoesLife, at 10/13/2006 6:20 AM  

  • Congratulations on the job!I love it when a plan comes together. And I can't wait for more house pics.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/13/2006 8:13 AM  

  • Zut alors! Congtratulasheeuns on zee jjob. Seenful amounts of money, and yoo weel be working weeth adults. C'est magnifique!
    Ah haff to go now. Zees ees zee day of zee week I take mah bath.

    Vous ĂȘtes la fleur de mon ordinateur.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/13/2006 8:48 AM  

  • congrats on the job! Sounds like a good; anything dealing with eating is good by me.

    By Blogger Renee, at 10/13/2006 10:29 AM  

  • Well done on the job! I hope this doesn't mean we'll read less of you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/13/2006 10:52 AM  

  • "one armed french half-midget"

    oh seriously, that made my crappy day :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/13/2006 1:00 PM  

  • Why did you not give me more shit about your blog being stuck in the slackers category?? I've been missing your posts because I was a slacker/bad blogroll updater.

    I want to hear more about this job! Like is it a no-holds-barred kind of lunch or Applebee's budget? Like are the people interesting or are they engineers (no offense to Mr. Debbie Does Life, of course...)?

    Accents accents accents... mmm....

    By Blogger Mignon, at 10/13/2006 2:54 PM  

  • I LOVE Smoothie King!

    It was started in the part of the country that I'm from, so I grew up going to it before it became a huge thing.

    Immune Builder..mmmm...

    By Blogger teahouse, at 10/13/2006 9:58 PM  

  • Good news about the job. Go out there and make that money!!

    By Blogger Type (little) a aka Michele, at 10/14/2006 10:07 AM  

  • Congrats on the job! Sinful amounts of money are the best! :-)

    By Blogger B.E.C.K., at 10/14/2006 11:50 PM  

  • I agree, Smoothie King IS expensive, even more expensive than Starbucks.

    By Blogger Trish, at 10/15/2006 6:02 PM  

  • Oh my gawd, V-Grrrl?? Were you at Rowdy's last night? He thought I was a lesbian because of the hair...

    By Blogger Mignon, at 10/17/2006 5:31 PM  

  • "Sinful amount of money to visit with people and take them out to lunch" sounds like a sales job I had in the trucking industry when I graduated from college. Funny, showing a lot of cleavage worked just as well as lunches. Good luck to you!

    By Blogger Mrs Tits, at 10/19/2006 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home