DebbieDoesLife

Monday, October 16, 2006

The Sky is Falling!

It has been pouring rain here since yesterday. Midway through the night the hubs rolls over and mutters, "should I start building an ark?"

The weather people are freaking out. Every newsperson has outfitted themselves in baseball caps and waders and rushed out to "go live" somewhere in Houston. Just now they broke in and this blonde who looks as if she'd never done anything more outdoorsy than run from her condo to her vehicle is standing near a flooded street.

"The water right behind me is AT LEAST 4 TO 5 FEET DEEP!"
Just then a car drives through the street and the water reached all the way up to the bottom of its hubcap. I think someone needs to let her know just how deep 4 to 5 ft. actually is.

If she wants to shoot something exciting then she should come on over and see my swamp/swimming pool. The draininge tube got clogged again and then all the dirt and crap goes into the pool. It is also spilling over. They could have gone LIVE as I went out and dug in to the dirt with my bare hands to free the flood waters!! It was really exciting! Especially since I couldn't find a damn umbrella and held a pool towel over my head to do it.

Let me know if you see me on the news.

5 Comments:

  • Why do the news people do this here? They do that whenever a hurricane is anywhere in the gulf as well. It is SO irritating. We are having a lot of rain and some streets are flooded over our way too. A perfect day to stay in with my toddler and paint, watch disney movies and veg if you asked me!

    By Blogger Crazy MomCat, at 10/16/2006 11:43 AM  

  • You do lead an exciting life.

    By Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen, at 10/16/2006 1:10 PM  

  • >>Just then a car drives through the street and the water reached all the way up to the bottom of its hubcap.<< LMAO!

    It cracks me up how damn dramatic the weather people are. The last time we had a tropical storm roll through they shot an update from the beach. The weather-guy was going on and on about how difficult it was to stand without being blown over and that everyone should stay clear. All of a sudden a couple of kids walk past and it's pretty obvious they're not having any trouble whatsoever. So he quickly adds, "It's coming and going in gusts." Yeah... Okay.

    WV: Okies. :)

    By Blogger Tink, at 10/16/2006 3:04 PM  

  • The weather people here are so annoying. They position themselves in one place on a feeder road where the water is standing and report on all the flooding, while everyone drives by without a problem on the freeway. However, I admit I was worried it would NEVER stop yesterday. What a MESS.

    By Blogger Trish, at 10/17/2006 7:11 AM  

  • We'll only see you if your doublewide blows away in a twister. Then, with your wet hair and mis-matched pajamas, all of the major tv stations will descend to film you in all of your muddy glory.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/17/2006 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home