DebbieDoesLife

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Me & Heather


It doesn't take all that much to make my day. Really. A chat with a girlfriend, a good cup of coffee, a sexy email from the hubby.

Today my day was made by a waitress from Sonic Drive-In.

I pulled up to the drive-thru to get my medium diet Limeade and then pulled up to wait for the car hop to bring it to my window. A girl (17, maybe 18) brings my drink. She looks at me and then says, "Do you know who you look like?" I smiled and asked who.

"Heather Locklear. You have the same nose she does, too!"

After I picked up my ass because truly, I was LMAO after that comment, I told her that she had made my day -- no, my whole week! Then I gave her a really big tip and thanked her profusely.

I did have my new sunglasses on that obviously make me look like a celebrity but I know that I don't resemble Heather even on her most skanky of days. No matter, I had to call the hubs. He LOVES Heather Locklear but he is out of town and in the middle of some big send off thing for a large offshore structure. I'm sure its all real important stuff but I had something even more important to share. I could tell he was pleased that I called in the middle of his meeting to share this VERY IMPORTANT piece of information with him.

Trust me, I am telling everyone I meet for the next two weeks what that waitress said. I'm sure Heather would do the same for me.

Coincidence that Heather was married to Tommy Lee (who I think is a Hottie McHottie!)? I think not. Obviously, Heather and I have LOTS in common.

16 Comments:

  • I would pay big bucks for someone to tell me that I even slightly resembled Heather Locklear. sigh....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/18/2006 7:31 AM  

  • That's awesome. Did she come up when you did that celebrity look alike thing last year? I can't remember.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/18/2006 8:51 AM  

  • Man, I always get "Janine Garaofelo". Not quite as glamorous....

    By Blogger Mommygoth, at 10/18/2006 9:00 AM  

  • TB - no, she didn't. On the celebrity look alike thing I got Beyonce and Mariah Carey!

    By Blogger DebbieDoesLife, at 10/18/2006 9:16 AM  

  • A couple of thoughts:
    •You would've looked even more like Heather Locklear if you hadn't been surrounded by a Sonic Drive-in.
    •I hope you're not taking your new clients (with your fancy-new-job expense account) to lunch at the Sonic Drive-in.
    •I'm guessing if your hubby grew his hair long, pierced his ears and added a few tattoos, he would be a dead ringer for Tommy Lee.

    When I was younger and thinner, people said I looked like Rutger Hauer.
    Of course Rutger Hauer also is no longer younger and thinner.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/18/2006 9:27 AM  

  • I need a comparison picture!

    Come on, I did it when my teacher said I looked like that "Grey's Anatomy" girl. :)

    By Blogger Tink, at 10/18/2006 12:35 PM  

  • Maybe thats me in the picture! See how much Heather and I look alike? We are like twins!! ;)

    By Blogger DebbieDoesLife, at 10/18/2006 12:47 PM  

  • I love it! What a great compliment, and you DO look like Ms. Locklear! I always get Tina Fey without the scar. *shrugs*

    By Blogger Jess Riley, at 10/18/2006 3:45 PM  

  • That's actually a nice comparison. I always get Kirsten Dunst (YUK!!)

    I see it.

    You pulled into Sonic only for a drink? BS. You got a cheesburger. Admit it already. :-)

    By Blogger Type (little) a aka Michele, at 10/18/2006 6:58 PM  

  • Kick arse! I'd love to be told I looked like her. Me? All I've ever gotten is Baby Spice (GAH) and LeAnn Rhimes. Oh, and the LeAnn before she lost all of the teenage pudge, not skinny minnie LeAnn. Lovely...sigh...

    By Blogger Crazy MomCat, at 10/18/2006 10:23 PM  

  • That is one of the best compliments ever!

    By Blogger Arabella, at 10/19/2006 1:34 PM  

  • You should copy and cut out that picture for your husband's wallet!

    Did you give the girl your phone number and tell her to call once a month and leave that message on your answering machine?

    By Blogger PEACE, at 10/19/2006 9:21 PM  

  • How wonderful! I never really get told I look like anyone famous. Oh, wait, in college once a boyfriend told me one day I looked like Paulina and the next day said I also looked like the girl gelfling from The Dark Crystal. He also smoked a lot of pot...

    By Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen, at 10/19/2006 9:58 PM  

  • A girl in the grocery checkout said I looked like Darryl Hannah. I felt good about it until I caught a glimpse of the reality of my face in the rearview mirror. My good mood faded at that point. You do have a nice nose, though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/20/2006 4:01 PM  

  • Heather is a hottie!! And apparently so are you!

    I also heard that Heather Locklear is one of the nicest actresses around - that she treats everyone she works with very nicely, and she does things like bake cookies for tv crews and send presents to coworkers. To be compared to a lady like that is a true compliment.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 10/20/2006 10:27 PM  

  • LOVE TOMMY LEE! heather is beautiful!!! take the compliment :)

    By Blogger acaligurl, at 10/20/2006 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home