DebbieDoesLife

Sunday, October 22, 2006

#200

This is my 200th post.

What a crazy week. The new house finish date keeps moving. The wrong way. First it was the 9th, then the 13th, then the 20th. If I am not moved in by Nov. 4, there will be heads rolling.

I have fully explained to the builder that my ENTIRE FAMILY is coming for THANKSGIVING and I am starting A NEW JOB on the 30th.

My parents came to visit this weekend so here is my mother in front of the new place yesterday. You can see how close we are to being finished. We are waiting for the damn electricity to be turned on. The meter guy came out and decided that some little wire didn't look just right and left again. So, the poor hubs, called and got put on hold for the 20th time, just to hear them say, "the soonest we can come back out is Tuesday and that means 48 hours AROUND Tuesday. Well, if the electricity isn't on, then the A/C isn't on and if the A/C isn't on the woodfloor guy won't bring my wood so it can acclimate in the house for two days. See the compounding problem here? I am about to use newspaper in my formal dining and tell everyone how "out" wood is and how in and "green" it is to line your floors with newspaper.

Here is the view from the kitchen into the living and bare floor dining.

Oh and we are waiting on a new tub to be made. They finally brought the top part of my bath tub, brought in my big soaker tub and discovered the hole was too big. So, they are making a whole other one. Again, who needs to bathe? I am thinking we are good to move in anyway.

Seriously, I am trying NOT to freak out about the move and starting work.

We sold the house we are in (for the third time but I think this is the real deal) and have to be out on the 14th, which is okay. I just keep telling myself that I do not have to have everything all set up, pictures hung or anything by Thanksgiving. My family will be happy with sleeping bags and Boston Market turkey dinner. The problem is, I won't be. My inner Martha keeps trying to claw her way out. Back you bitch! I don't care that you are trying to be "one of the people" now. Neither you OR Oprah don't fool me!

8 Comments:

  • Building is SUCH a nightmare, especially coupled with selling a house. Does anything in real estate EVER go smoothly? Not in my experience. Beautiful house, though, even unfinished, but I know you can't wait for it to be finished.

    By Blogger Trish, at 10/22/2006 7:38 AM  

  • I say focus on the gorgeousness of your new house. Hanging pictures won't take long, and even if you have it catered I'm sure no one will know. Plus, your kids can be your army and you can play general!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/22/2006 7:54 AM  

  • Just keep repeating it to yourself, "My family won't care. My family won't care."

    I TOTALLY understand you freaking out. My OCD has those same issues (as we are f o r e v e r moving around - usually at the most inconvenient times), but I have learned to repeat my mantra and now I'm truly more relaxed about crap like that.

    (OH MY GOD! I'm such a liar! I am not relaxed. Not at all. But good luck with that.)

    :)

    By Blogger Paige, at 10/22/2006 11:10 AM  

  • new house is stunning!!!!!!!!!!! wow, its gorgeous!!

    i'll take a sleeping bag and take out! it will still be a vacation :)

    By Blogger acaligurl, at 10/22/2006 1:16 PM  

  • It's going to be freaking gorgeous. Hang in there. The last few months are the absolute worst because you're so close, but not quite there. Keep focused on the big picture - your amazing new home.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/22/2006 2:15 PM  

  • The new house is gorgeous, and very spacious. I think you shouldn't even put furniture in for Thanksgiving. You should eat on the ground like the Pilgrims and Indians did. Then you could just put colorful leaves on the floor.

    I have no recommendation about how to reduce the stress. Moving is inherently stressful. Maybe watch some of the Kartina, One Year Later footage and remember to be thankful for a home. You family will just be glad to be together.

    By Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen, at 10/22/2006 10:03 PM  

  • Damn, woman! That's one big house! We moved into this house 12 years ago. It was exactly one week before Christmas. I had kid in Kindergarten, a pre-schooler and an 8 month old kid. I promise you'll find a way to pull it off. Don't forget to breathe!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/22/2006 11:05 PM  

  • Screw the Martha image....did you forget your uncanny resemblance to Heather? Well? WWHD?

    I'm positive Ms Locklear would be all for Boston Market and the best paper china one could buy! Marie Calendars will handle the pies and you'll be set. Main thing is that you look gorgeous and don't waste time stressing, cooking or washing dishes! Start now and plan your descent down the staircase looking like Heather!

    Oh and Michael's has all their fall flowers and stuff on sale, so you could decorate for 50% off! Just did a big event and they saved my butt!

    Best and keep smiling, you are almost home free (well, maybe not free!)

    By Blogger PEACE, at 10/24/2006 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home