DebbieDoesLife

Friday, October 07, 2005

Growing Up

What did you want to be when you grew up? Throughout elementary I always marked the boxes in my book called "Debbie's School Years" that I wanted to be either a nurse or a stewardess. Yes, a stewardess. Haven't heard that word in a while have ya? No, now they are called Flight Attendants. Why does the job of being a flying waitress look so damn sexy? That's really all they are. Okay, so they have been trained to buckle a seat belt and fasten a mask around people's faces but otherwise, there is really no difference.

It still sounds so fun. See the World! Fly to exciting places! Have really handsome pilots try and give you the card key to their room!

I think I marked nurse just because it looked good. I liked the hats. You know the ones that look like upside down chinese take out boxes? Do nurses still wear those white hats? Why did they ever wear them? Its not like it keeps their hair from falling into an open wound. They would be required to wear hairnets then.

I wish I knew now what I want to be when I grow up. I am trying to be a writer. I doubt that it will pay much but thats what box I am marking right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home