DebbieDoesLife

Friday, September 05, 2008

Pet Peeves #643 - #647

Gosh, its been a long time since I listed pet peeves. It isn't like things stopped bugging the crap out of me. We can call this one "The Political Edition."

#643 - The McCain/Palin ticket is now all about throwing the word change around. When Obama does it, its a bad word but all of sudden, its their buzz word. And, the word maverick. Last night I actually talked back to McCain on the t.v. and informed him that he is not Top Gun.

#644 - The right-wingers had a (as we say downsouth) "Hay Day" when Jamie Lynn Spears was discovered pregnant at 17. They blasted not only her mother but her whole family (yes, including Britney!) Now, that their offering up for V.P. has a preggers daughters - its suddenly the cool thing to do. McCain called her a "great mother" last night. How would he know? He just met her two days ago.

#645 - That this same woman would accept this position at this time. I am not saying she should be a stay at home mom (but she does have FIVE children, folks, she obviously HAS chosen motherhood as a vocation) but she accepted this position with a child who is pregnant, and an INFANT with Down's Syndrome. She accepted this position knowing full well how the media is and that her family's privacy would become nonexistant. She accepted this position knowing full well that it would take her completely away from her family at a time when they need her most. I do not approve of her choice. Don't even get me started on the political party she has been hanging out with for the last few years and tell me, was she wearing a freakin' flag pin?? Let's question HER patriotism.

#646 - People who smoke in their cars but keep their smokes out the window. I guess its so the smell of smoke doesn't get in the car?? or on them?? It looks stupid. I have seen these people with the window open two inches and them with their arm up keeping the cig out the crack. Oh, and these same people throw the butts out. Like there is a Butt Fairy who comes along and cleans up after them.

#647 - People who say they can't vote for Obama because he is Muslim. We all know that this is not true but what I have learned is that this is code for "I can't vote for him because he is black."

12 Comments:

  • The McCain people have used "change" since the beginning of the primaries. You were probably too distracted by how "hot" John Edwards was to notice.
    I think John McCain's military resume is more appropriate in a presidential campaign than John Kerry arriving in a swift boat to accept his nomination with, "reporting for duty."
    You're right about the pregnant teenager double standard. But I don't think that necessarily negates Sarah Palin from being a great mother.
    She seems to have accomplished more the Britney Spears' mom.
    Let's say she has FOUR children at home since one is about to deploy to Iraq. Geez.
    I'm not sure I understand what political party you're referring to. Why do you want to question her patriotism?
    Smokers suck.
    I've never heard Obama called a Muslim?
    He's black? Well, he's also half white. If he doesn't get reparations for blacks in his first year in office, some folks will start calling him "Whitey."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/05/2008 6:48 AM  

  • Truth is, I really don't want to vote for Obama. (I'm a Hillary Clinton girl, myself) But I'm going to, even though I think he's an elitist snob.

    I have to because McCain is freakin NUTBURGERS.

    By Blogger Type (little) a aka Michele, at 9/05/2008 7:32 AM  

  • Obama,

    Half honkey all donkey.

    ps smokers need love too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/05/2008 7:36 AM  

  • It's hard to object to such intelligent discourse as the "nutburger" gambit, but isn't it obvious that if Sarah Palin is a terrible choice for veep, its an advantage for Obama? Obama fans should be thrilled.

    I should have written earlier, smokers suck butts.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/05/2008 8:00 AM  

  • My daughter, a college Freshman, tells me that all the girls she has made friends with, girls from rural areas of Pennsylvania, firmly believe Obama to be a Muslim.

    It's amazing what children will believe if their parents tell them.

    By Blogger Candy, at 9/05/2008 10:18 AM  

  • I'm with ya girlie. You go!

    By Blogger Kate, at 9/05/2008 12:59 PM  

  • I still can't get that creepy picture of McCain hugging Bush out of my head...

    By Blogger Tink, at 9/05/2008 3:53 PM  

  • My husband made that point about Palin making that choice too at this time in her life. First, I got all women's lib on him and griped at him, but the more I think about it the more I wonder HOW she made this choice.

    But, the main thing I keep thinking about---is her daughter who is pregnant. How must it feel to be 17 and have made a mistake like that and be living with it--not only in front of your family and friends, but now in front of the entire world. Not only is she now public, but the media is really scrutinizing her and judging her mother and her competence based on her daughter's condition.

    I just hope she can handle the pregnancy hormones, post-partum, and this media circus. I don't know that i could have taken it at that age at all.

    By Blogger Crazy MomCat, at 9/05/2008 8:57 PM  

  • Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!
    I've been ranting since he made his idiotic choice and she made her equally idiotic choice to accept.

    What mom put per pg daughter in the media limelight and what mom in her right mind would accept that position with a 4 month old Down's Syndrome baby, let alone 4 other kids?

    Don't get me started on wtf McCain was thinking...he doesn't...he just spouts "Me a War Hero" and that's supposed to make him the best choice for president.

    Obamam may not have political experience but he has many years experience in working for the under dogs of this world, he has done so his entire career. Now, I was a Hillary supporter, but Obama has what it takes and obviously has worked damn hard his whole life.

    THANKS again!

    UUGHH!@#$%^ I feek so much better now!

    By Blogger PEACE, at 9/06/2008 7:12 PM  

  • Yes, I was actually undecided until McCain picked Palin.

    Now the decision is firm - I'm definitely voting for Obama!

    By Blogger teahouse, at 9/07/2008 8:45 PM  

  • Aren't the Dems supposed to jump up and say, "Hey, she should have an abortion."

    Knot

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/09/2008 12:15 PM  

  • OBAMA HOLDS THE PHONE UPSIDE DOWN!!!

    By Blogger Dick Vixxxen, at 11/09/2008 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home