DebbieDoesLife

Thursday, July 10, 2008

The New Baby

My firstborn brought me a dog. It was the dog that he went to the pound (against my wishes and advice "You are in college, you should not get a dog!") and picked out. He says he fell in love with her immediately. He named her Athena.


Being a good mom, I nagged, who will watch her when you go away for your ROTC training for a month this summer? What about when you move into the "No Dogs Allowed" apartment in August? I was told it was all taken care of. The girlfriend was "sharing" in the care and feeding of this youngster.


That's a great plan. Until you break up with the girlfriend. My parents were visiting and my mother being ever helpful (sarcasm inserted here) says "It could be worse, it could be a REAL baby." Thanks mom. My mother is the type that would say after your leg was cut off my a raging lawnmower, "Be thankful it wasn't BOTH legs."


Luckily, I love her (the dog - yes, my mother too!!). We call her Attie now and she is adorable. Here she is at her first dog party. What? Do you all not go to dog parties? Well, we do. Attie is the one on the right. Looking a wee bit shy about her party hat and wondering if it is going to cause her to have hat hair (no wait - that was me). My friend who is 10 was the hostess and there was a cake and even goodie bags for all the dogs.

What is Attie? Goodness knows. She is a mix of a mix of a mix but she is 100% sweet.

5 Comments:

  • She can come and vist my wee dog Elvis any day...
    And I guess, my dawwwg leads a deprived life as he has never been to a doggy party....
    Well, probably because he thinks he is s human...

    By Blogger Pendullum, at 7/11/2008 9:19 AM  

  • She's adorable. Happy grandparenting.

    See that dog on the left, the black one? The one that looks like she's about to wreak havoc? She looks just like my Chloe. Tell me, did that dog immediately rip Athena's hat off her head and eat it?

    By Blogger Candy, at 7/11/2008 3:42 PM  

  • Cute! I've never heard of a dog party, but I think we've come close at the dog park. ;^)

    By Blogger B.E.C.K., at 7/17/2008 5:39 AM  

  • A dog party! Omg, was there a milkbone cake too? She's adorable. How could you not love that face?

    By Blogger Tink, at 7/25/2008 4:04 PM  

  • Oh what we do for our children and grandkids. I have enough dogs for my own private dog party! Heck I have a never-ending dog party!

    By Blogger joyful, at 8/01/2008 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home