DebbieDoesLife

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Hole You Pour $$ In

We have become boat owners. We were novices and by some yardsticks, probably still are, but we tried to educate ourselves before purchasing.

Used? New? Size? Does it matter? (of course it does!)
Know-It-All types all had dire warnings such as the title of this post or, "The two best days in a boat owner's life is the day he buys and the day he sells!"
We were determined to NOT be those people. Because, of course, we were going to do it right. We were going to buy a GOOD boat. A dependable boat.
Last weekend we picked up the boat. We had two fabulous days on the lake. Tubing and wakeboarding. The boys loved it. We loved it. I love my boat. On the last day, the trouble started.
The engine would crank right over and start and it could idle out of the "no wake zone" area. The minute we would give it more gas the engine would start "dogging" out and there was no acceleration. We are taking the boat back to where we bought it and they are supposed to fix it. I am sure it isn't a big deal but big enough there was no tubing that day - Just several crushed hearts and sad faces.
Please tell me this isn't the way it is always going to be....

4 Comments:

  • So hard to tell at this stage of the game. See what happens after it comes back from being "fixed".

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/19/2008 8:49 PM  

  • Is that your boat in the picture??? Bayliner?? Open Bow??
    Toooo cool. My fave. Oh. And. No. That's not the way it's going to be. Probably just a clogged fuel line or air filter, or even a bad spark plug. Bummer that you missed a day of fun.

    I don't own a boat, but one sits in my driveway. It is called the Titanic. It's a 15 ft. not open bow, junker boat, but... it's fun to toodle up and down the river on. And I can't tell you how many people we have towed to a dock because their boat died.

    Anyway. I do hope you have a great summer and the boat problem is an easy solve. I know you'll love it!

    By Blogger Brenda, at 6/20/2008 5:39 PM  

  • I pour all my money into my leaky basement. I'd rather have a bad boat. Who has fun in a basement?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/22/2008 11:39 AM  

  • I don't know, but I feel for you having to deal with it. Crossing my fingers they fix it and all goes well.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6/23/2008 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home