DebbieDoesLife

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Olympics

In case you haven't noticed, the Olympics are going on in China. I admit, I am not a huge fan. I think its great and all that but honestly, I enjoyed watching American Gladiators far more than the Olympics.

Here are a few of my impressions.

1. Bob Costas: Dude, your hair looks like it only has visitation with your head. Is it too dark, is it sitting funny on his ears?? I can't figure it out but somethin' ain't right.

2. All Gymnasts earn a Gold for the "fake" hug. They finish a routine and then proceed to fake hug everyone on their way back to their chair.

3. Michael Phelps: He's a freak of nature. And, I say that with all the respect a non-swimmer can give.

4. Bela Karolyi. I can't understand a word this guy says as a commentator. We need an English intervention.

5. Dana Torres: You ROCK! She is making the 40's seem cool.

8 Comments:

  • Don't forget the '11' year old Chinese gymnists claiming to be
    '16'......come on, do they really think we are that stupid? Apparently, they do.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/19/2008 10:15 AM  

  • Dana Torres rocks. I'm speechless and proud.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/19/2008 9:27 PM  

  • I had a Russian ballet teacher as a kid so I can actually understand Bela Karoli. I would be happy to translate. I am also loving Dana Torres. And the Beach Volleyball girls-May and Walsh.

    By Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen, at 8/19/2008 9:57 PM  

  • How about Usain Bolt? But a little humility would be nice.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/19/2008 11:38 PM  

  • Phelps IS a freak. Did you know his body ratio is all wrong? He's got the leg span of someone who's only 6 foot... or something like that. Hoop things he's an alien, like from Men In Black.

    By Blogger Tink, at 8/20/2008 7:42 AM  

  • "Dara" Torres is hot. Don't know about Dana Torres.
    Many successful athletes have an unusual frame geared to a particular sport, Lance Armstrong is a famous example, but that is the starting point. The effort and dedication in their training is something most of us can't imagine. I say "bravo" to all of them.
    I think Costas dyed his hair darker to look more Chinese.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/20/2008 10:37 AM  

  • Ha! All of those made me laugh. And I agree with all of them also.

    By Blogger Renee, at 8/20/2008 12:55 PM  

  • Hahahahaha. Yeah, I love the fakey gymnast hugs, too.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 8/25/2008 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home