DebbieDoesLife

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

You Win If....

you answered San Diego! Yes, that is where I just spent the last five days. It was gorgeous. Of course, they were experiencing a "heat wave" but hello! I am from Houston. We spit upon your puny little heat wave!! It was like 0% humidity to us and perfect!

We did have fun. Went to Sea World, Legoland, Corvette's Diner, Orfila Winery in Escondido, Old Town, and Belmont Park. We dragged ourselves home exhausted but happy.

I want everyone to know that in the effort to provide my children the most fun possible, I took a bullet for them. Okay, it was more like a tidal wave. Let me expound.

The first show we went to at Sea World was the dolphin show. Great show, but my boys were extremely disappointed that we did not get wet. Not a drop. I am usually the person who gets in the pool but doesn't get her hair wet. "No! Don't get ruin my hair!" I wouldn't mind if I had good hair that could dry by itself. My hair is completely addicted to drugs, blow-dryers and flat irons, so I do not allow water (except in the shower where it belongs!) in any form near my hair. Usually.

"If we are going to get in the Soak Zone for the Shamu show then we have to haul booty!" I announced and we did. Shamu must have felt a personal responsibility to get me soaked to the bone too. He turned his big butt upside down even and using his tail dumped buckets of freezing, salty water all over me. The boys loved it though so if I looked like drowned rat the rest of the day thats okay.

The only little snafu was when we got home. Our plane didn't come in until 10:30pm and we were tired. The hubs had gone out to CA a day ahead of us for a conference so the two boys and I had used off-site airport parking for the vehicle. I picked a parking lot that we couldn't forget. They drive yellow buses with black spots all over them. We come out after grabbing our bags and jump on one of the shuttles. The driver asks me for my ticket. TICKET? I don't remember a ticket, except for the one I put on the dash of the car when I drove in. I searched my purse and the boys both said, "Remember, mom, the driver gave you one." No, mom, doesn't remember that but no panic. I remember exactly where I parked so we will be fine.

Pretty soon my hubby looks out the window and announces, "I think we are on the wrong bus." WRONG BUS??? How could that be? Well, come to find out this parking co. has TWO lots and we were headed to the wrong one. We got to drop off all of our shuttle-mates and then ride back around to the airport once again and get on a different shuttle. To my sweetie's credit, he never said a word. No blaming, no looks. Can't say I would have been as gracious.

We finally got to my car and drove to the exit to pay. The lady looks at my ticket that has been sitting on my dash in the sun for the last five days and the ink was bleached off! So, it took twice as long as we had to tell her when we arrived and what time etc.etc. Could I have made any more errors here??? Geez, you think I get out much? Oh well. Every now and then I go to extreme blondness and this was one of those times.

6 Comments:

  • I LOVE SHAMU!!! Killer whales are the coolest animals ever.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/27/2006 2:45 PM  

  • What a great vacation and understanding hubby!

    By Blogger Brenda, at 6/27/2006 4:18 PM  

  • When I was at SeaWorld, I was too much of a titty baby to sit in the splash zone. I wasn't looking forward to 55 degree whale piss. I did, however against all reason go on that stupid river ride and spent the whole day damp. And even though it was CA, it was still January.

    Did you manage to keep it classy, Tits McGee?

    By Blogger Type (little) a aka Michele, at 6/27/2006 6:56 PM  

  • Sounds like you had fun.
    Glad you liked Shamu.
    Glad the weekend was nice,
    In spite of the snafu.

    Hahahaha.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 6/27/2006 7:28 PM  

  • SO JEALOUS! Also glad you had a great time.

    While at that very Shamu Stadium, in 1994, I met Muhammud Ali and got a photo of Dillon sitting on his lap. Cool, no?

    But I didn't sit in the splash zone. I was about 10 months pregnant and cranky.

    By Blogger Paige, at 6/27/2006 10:14 PM  

  • That sounds like an excellent trip, despite the bus mix-up. I never sit in the splash zone. If I wanted to get wet, I'd go to a WATER park. hehe

    By Blogger Tink, at 6/28/2006 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home