DebbieDoesLife

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Totally Random

They are now offering money for people to watch Soap Opera's. Saw a commercial for a contest last night. Who watches these anymore?? There was a day I didn't miss All My Children and General Hospital but that's been years ago. With cable now, I tune in to see What Not To Wear or Style Court. Come on, like I'm going to be watching some kind of fluff that my grandma referred to as her "stories."

New Style?
Taylor Hicks - gray hair.
Storm of XMen - gray hair
Rogue of XMen - gray swathe of hair
Me - I'll hang on to my dye. Thanks anyway.

I am in love with the song "Over My Head" by The Fray. Too lazy to give you links, sorry. My oldest introduced it to me b4 he left for basic. Now it is on the radio and I think of it as "our song."

Need a book to read this summer? I highly recommend "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. I read it in a day and a half because I couldn't put it down. I got the husband reading it now.

I've been thinking about going on a diet to lose 5 or 6 pounds. Just thinking about it. Thinking about it while I ate an extra roll last night after dinner. Thinking about it as I had angel food cake yesterday. I am going to Padre Island this weekend and of course would like to look way better in my suit but I think it might be too late now. Damn!

Here's a shout out to my B-List Blogger's! Have a great time ladies!! Have a drink on me and hopefully next year I will be joining you!

8 Comments:

  • I'm on the "Thinking Diet" myself. I think about food the whole time I'm eating it. The secret to the "Thinking Diet" is not to weigh yourself. That way you can *think* you lost weight and feel good about your success.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/01/2006 9:28 AM  

  • I should of taken out stock in Clairol. I refuse to let the 'wisdom' show!

    Also on the 'Thinking Diet', but I've added 'Thinking Exercise'. I'll 'think' about it later. :-)

    By Blogger Brenda, at 6/01/2006 11:27 AM  

  • I saw that Jodi Picoult book in the bookstore the other day. Someone else also recommended it to me. I should check it out...

    By Blogger teahouse, at 6/01/2006 5:48 PM  

  • Yeah, I've been thinking about going to the gym. This is the longest stretch in weeks, thinking I'll go -- tomorrow. I tried Clairol, and hated it. I still hate paying my hairdresser to do it, but it sure beats gray hair. Every time I see Taylor Hicks, I think how much better looking he would be if he colored his hair.

    By Blogger Carmel, at 6/01/2006 10:39 PM  

  • Yeah, they can keep their gray hair, I'll be unhip and continue to cover mine up.

    By Blogger Trish, at 6/02/2006 9:24 AM  

  • I think about dieting all the time. I always feel incredibly virtuous afteward.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/02/2006 5:14 PM  

  • You are one cool, hip, momma....I am with you, maybe next year for the blogger fest.

    By Blogger Ditsy Chick, at 6/04/2006 3:30 PM  

  • Hope you had a great time at Padre! It was awesome to talk to you and you're right, you ARE fun ;o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/04/2006 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home