DebbieDoesLife

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Solidarity

You may not get daily doses of the Enron trial like we do here in Houston. If you don't then you are missing out on the "Most Romantic Couple of the Year."

Yes, I am nominating Ken Lay and his wife, Linda for the title. You see every day when they arrive at Ken's trial, they hold hands for all to see. EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Ken puts on his face that says, "Look how supportive and loving my wife is! She holds my hand all the time!"

Linda's face attempts (but usually fails) to say "Gawd! I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but this trial! Who needs shopping or the mansion in Colorado when I get to sit through a trial, HOLDING MY HUSBAND's HAND all day long???"

Personally, I think they took the attorney's recommendation a bit to far. No one holds hands like that. My hubby and I are as romantic as they come. We hold hands every now and then but not everywhere we go. Look at the other guy in the picture. He must be one of their attorney's and he wants to make sure everyone sees how much they love each other.

I am starting to wonder if the Lay's just got to messing around with the Super Glue or something. Maybe Kenny was working around the house trying to catch up on his list of Honey-Do's and so the hand holding is really a medical condition, not a romantic one.

Note to self: When husband is on trial for milking millions of dollars out of investors show solidarity to press by using more variety: holding hands, linking arms and skipping, wrap arms around waists and do the monkey walk, leap frog, have hubby bring me in piggy-back one day.....

13 Comments:

  • When Kenny is in prison for the rest of his life, she can go back to shopping living the high life. Do they have any money any more????

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/18/2006 6:55 AM  

  • Hahaha! The truth is, she could show up with a t-shirt that says I LOVE KEN on it and I still wouldn't believe her. They split as soon as he goes to jail - guaranteed.

    (your word verification is sobuff - I wish.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/18/2006 9:12 AM  

  • I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that is weird.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/18/2006 9:20 AM  

  • How about if employees and investors greet them with the Finger? There's more than one hand gesture that's appropriate here.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/18/2006 10:00 AM  

  • I'm not a hand holder. I always slipped my hand under his arm and put it on his forearm. I don't know- is that considered linking arms??

    As for Enron.... geez, what a mess.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/18/2006 10:43 AM  

  • "He must be one of their attorney's and he wants to make sure everyone sees how much they love each other." *Snort* That's too funny!

    I'm not a big hand holder either. It's too cumbersome. But Hoop and I do link arms pretty often. I get cold very easily (in Florida, go figure) so he's my heater.

    By Blogger Tink, at 5/18/2006 11:00 AM  

  • Do you really think he'll do prison time? I think the hand holding is more of a death grip warning, saying, "I may be stuck here walking to this courtroom every day but my divorce attorney is on speed dial as soon as this is over."

    By Blogger Trish, at 5/18/2006 11:09 AM  

  • Ah white collar crime pays. It never ceases to amaze me the difference in the way (at least in my impression) white collar crime is treated as compared to the more garden variety frauds and thefts. I guess it's hard to compare writing a few bad cheques to imbezzling and stealing millions upon millions, but these are also the people who can afford counsel to spend months in trial and hire all the right experts and accountants to refute allegations. I haven't been following the trial that closely (we don't get much news of it here, especially since our rabbit ears don't pull in many stations) but I really hope my impression is wrong and white collar crime will net appropriate punishment on conviction. (and sorry this comment is WAY too long)

    By Blogger Heather, at 5/18/2006 4:39 PM  

  • Is it just me, or are they holding hands weird? If Tarzan & I are walking, my arm is behind his...like where Kens is. I think maybe 'ol Kenny likes to be spanked!
    They remind me of Tom DeLay & his wife...and I bet she just loves putting up with Tom's sorry ass. Maybe Tommy & Kenny can be cellmates.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/18/2006 6:41 PM  

  • I went and stared at the hand holding.... that's how I hold hands, mine in front.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/18/2006 8:18 PM  

  • I have a really hard time having sympathy for someone who lives in a multi-million dollar home and who used Enron money to pay down the mortgage when the ship was sinking to save his own tail. He could have used numerous other sources to get money, just like the rest of us do when times are hard. In addition, if he hadn't spent such a massive amount of money on his legal defense team to try to buy his innocence, he might have been left with a little something in the end!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/19/2006 1:42 PM  

  • Pretty funny Deb.

    Of course if Jesus hadn't had a kid with Mary Magdalene none of this would have happened. Or maybe its because of the porous borders or global warming. I'm sure there's a pat answer for this.

    By Blogger Rock, at 5/22/2006 8:25 PM  

  • Funny post!! Heh..I bet his first wife is laughing all the way to the bank.

    According to the book I read, she Linda got him but the first wife got the big settlement.

    And who wants to hold hands with Elmer Fudd, anyway?

    By Blogger teahouse, at 5/25/2006 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home