DebbieDoesLife

Saturday, April 29, 2006

It'll Rot Your Brain


There are many times it seems we are worshipping at the altar of T.V. here in the DebbieDoesLife household. Remember, I have 3 boys, four if you count the husband. Men love t.v. I think television may have been created just FOR men. The sports! The action! The music! The Girls Gone Wild commercials at 2 am!!

I try to curb the insanity around here. But every now and then, the evil idiot box scores a point.

In the past few days I have heard the two younger boys giggling about some show called Yo momma. I thought it was something from Nickelodeon. There are several silly non-animated shows on there and I just assumed this was one of them.

The other morning as we were getting ready for school the youngest starts telling me all these "Yo Momma" jokes that he learned while the older one was baby-sitting for us the night before. I was brushing my teeth and doing the whole "I'm only half paying attention to you because I am trying to get ready!" routine.

He started in on his monologue/recitation:

"Mom, these are really funny, listen to this!
Yo Momma is so fat that even Bill Gates couldn't pay for her liposuction!
Yo momma is so stupid, she got locked in a grocery store and starved!
Yo Momma is so skinny she hula hoops with a cheerio!
Yo Momma is so stupid that she tried to put her M&M's in alphabetical order!"

About this time, my brushing arm slowed. Hmmmm, this didn't sound like Nickelodeon....

"Mom, listen to this....its the funniest one! Yo momma is so hairy, her nipples have afros!"

Son, Yo Momma thinks you just volunteered for an ass-chewin', I mean lesson on what are appropriate jokes and what are not. Damn t.v.

13 Comments:

  • LMAO. I've watched that show a couple of times. The first episode I saw was the "nipples have afros" one and I swear I choked on my food when I heard that one.

    By Blogger mamatulip, at 4/30/2006 12:41 PM  

  • I'll admit to laughing at some of the jokes, but DAMN, that is the STUPIDEST show MTV has ever aired, and that's saying a lot considering the shows MTV airs.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/30/2006 1:59 PM  

  • Why do boys always like such gross, scatological humor? I have never fully understood the draw. Go get 'em Debbie!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/30/2006 7:40 PM  

  • He memorized all of these jokes, but I bet he can't remember where he left his schoolbag. It's amazing how a kids brain works.

    By Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen, at 4/30/2006 8:20 PM  

  • Thanks for checking in on me Debbie! I missed you as well! And what's up with that show anyway? I didn't laugh once. Am I too old?

    By Blogger Brooke, at 5/01/2006 12:04 AM  

  • I'm laughing too over here. Is that a bad thing?! ;^)

    By Blogger Renee, at 5/01/2006 9:53 AM  

  • Hoop is the KING of "Yo Momma" jokes. Which I don't seem to think is worthy of a title... But I'm not male. *Shrug* I'm also a chick.

    By Blogger Tink, at 5/01/2006 10:43 AM  

  • OMG, the afro/nipple one is funny, but I would be upset, too, if my son parroted them back to me. I've never seen this show, thankfully.

    By Blogger Trish, at 5/01/2006 12:44 PM  

  • All I have to say right now is, mmmmmmmm, M&M's.

    By Blogger Arabella, at 5/01/2006 4:56 PM  

  • The last one got me. LOL

    By Blogger Jess Riley, at 5/02/2006 11:09 AM  

  • What Annie said made me laugh more than the damn joke. I admit, I thought it was funny, but if my kid said it to me, oh hell no! What was he thinking, anyway? His big brother's probably gonna kick his ass too!

    By Blogger Mignon, at 5/02/2006 12:52 PM  

  • Nipples with an afro?......now there's a nasty mental picture!! TV has crossed so far over the line ya never know what your gonna hear and see, you just gotta keep that clicking finger on the clicker and ready to do the quick change at any given moment. Sure it pisses everyone in the room off but you avoid seeing any major nipplage. Sadly, The kids I teach (maily kids with autism)can't discriminate between what is appropriate and not appropriate in what they see on TV and they often end up repeating it and then getting in trouble for it....cuz' they also don't get that they should AT LEAST not say it right in front of the teacher!!

    I agree Debbie....damn TV!!!.....oh shit, I gotta run....gotta get dinner done before American Idol!!! :-)

    Love the handicap assistive tech you added to your sight!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/02/2006 6:00 PM  

  • ROFL @ the hairy nipples. I like those jokes, they're pretty clean but hilarious. Having 4 males in the house, does that mean you have to have 4 remotes too?

    By Blogger jane, at 5/03/2006 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home