DebbieDoesLife

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

What a Pain in the ....

Sometimes I am dumb enough to think I have it rough. Poor me, stuck at home with three boys! Poor me, my car is making a weird noise. Poor me, I have to cook dinner tonight! I'm 10 lbs. overweight! Those are my versions of "a bad day."

Now let's cut to some folks who are truly having a bad day. And, this bad day is going to go on for MONTHS. New Orleans, Biloxi, Gulfport and others. I can't even imagine what some of those people's lives are like right now. I watch them on the news, walking around through waist high water, holding a plastic bin or bag. That bin or bag is holding what they have left in their life! What could I put in a plastic bag that could represent my life?? My bag would have to have a toothbrush and toothpaste, lip gloss (cuz I'm addicted), clean underwear, mascara (I'm scary without it) and probably a really big bottle of vodka so that I could forget all the other stuff that I can't fit in my bag!

What's in your bag?

4 Comments:

  • Lots and lots of family pictures, a good book and a really good bottle of wine.

    T

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/31/2005 4:16 PM  

  • I'm bunking with you. I'll share my vodka if you share your wine.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/31/2005 4:27 PM  

  • It's a deal!

    Terri

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/31/2005 4:39 PM  

  • Most of my family is from New Orleans and I just moved from there a few years ago. It's heartbreaking. And to think that months later it pretty much is still in the same condition as it was when the storm first hit. It's ahame.

    In my bag..
    Family pictures, scrapbooks, letters and cards from my husband and my son's childhood memories.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/06/2006 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home