DebbieDoesLife

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Price of Gas

I need to get something straight. Contrary to popular belief in my extended family, just because my hubby is affiliated with the oil and gas business, does not mean we make any more money based on the price of gas. When the price goes up at the pump I do not see a change in the paycheck. Believe me, if that was true I would be standing out topless in front of gas stations waving people in! And, just in case you were wondering, I do not get a discount either. I pay the same price you do.

I don't complain about the price of gas. I did turn in my yacht (Suburban) for a more economical vehicle. I do know that here in the U.S. we have been very lucky for very long. In Europe they have been paying these prices for years. Go see the cars over there. I could have picked up this one called a Smart Car with one hand and stuck it in the back of my Suburban. It looks like a toy but thats what they drive. Hey, no wonder that car gets such good gas mileage---you don't drive it, just carry it around.

I also do not obsess about the price per gallon at every station. My grandpa did that. The minute he got to our house after making the 600 mile drive, he would then precede to tell us what he paid per gallon at every gas station he stopped at. That was 20 years ago. He must be rolling in his grave now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home