DebbieDoesLife

Friday, August 26, 2005

That's How I Roll...

I hate the beginning of the school year when my kids come home with textbooks and expect me to have an unlimited supply of large brown paper shopping bags to use to cover their books. First of all, someone once told me that roaches lay their eggs in those bags so don't keep them in the house. Even if thats not true, its a picture I can't get out of my head (and where I live the roaches can be saddle broke!) so I can't have brown paper bags in my house (or anywhere else for that matter) !!!

Then, once we do find an adequate bag/paper (because there is a grade for this!) I have to try and remember how to properly fold it to work. Sounds easy but it ain't for me. I totally forget from year to year just how it goes.

I am haunted by the fact that one year in a fit of blondeness I used strapping tape and taped the paper to the book -- teacher was not thrilled with me. I don't think I got an A that day. My son was embarrassed that I had "messed" the book up.

Here's the thing that really pisses me off. I bought like a case of those stretchy book socks that in almost one easy motion, Wha-La! the book is covered! Nooooooo, can't use those. The teachers claim they don't protect the book. So, now I have a life time supply of book socks that are gathering dust. Ebay, here I come!

Last night after wrapping a math book, even I was embarassed by my shoddy folds and non-tight fit. After I put the roach infested brown paper bag on the book, I also covered it with a bright purple book sock - Grade that, teach! Cuz that's how I roll!!

3 Comments:

  • I HATE wrapping textbooks. I am convinced it is a conspiracy to make parents feel like uncoordinated idiots!

    T

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/26/2005 6:56 AM  

  • I feel I must explain the "That's How I roll" thing. This is my 12 year old's latest saying. He manages to fit it in at least 4x a day. I've already used it 3x now!

    By Blogger DebbieDoesLife, at 8/26/2005 7:14 AM  

  • Mom, thats my word so don't use it ever again

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/28/2005 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home